kojibeya

Friday, May 11, 2012

gala-x-sea(upper) & gala-x-sky

I made these two prints last year. These are for my solo exhibition, and especially I used the blue image for my postcard. I wanted to use "black ink" for a layer since I always avoid the color. I used to think Black for my print is too strong and it would destroy my subtle layer. I believe my work has atmospheric quality and tissue of color would make this atmosphere. I knew Black is the most strong and powerful color so that it wouldn't work for my print but I also didn't know how to use Black onto my work. However, when I worked this print, I pushed myself to a different direction; using dark colors. First, I printed with raw umber. I always like my first color but unfortunately for this time, I had no idea what I was doing. So I quickly printed with light blue using a same plate onto new papers. (That's how I started to make two images.) Even though I didn't have any confident for my new direction, I had to do it because the show was coming. I was thinking which color would be good with raw umber.... and then, "It is Black!!". I printed with Black and I still didn't feel good, however, the third color, cobalt blue, really worked. I think this three colors complement each other. I also like to see both images(slightly different, though). It is a good research and it actually leads to other prints.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home