kojibeya

Monday, January 07, 2013

Human Monkeys

I like stuffed toys. When I was a little, I used to collect stuffed rabbits or bears. They are very cute, however, when I was 8 or 9, my aunt gave me a stuffed monkey. The monkey made a huge impact on me and since then,  I've loved monkeys so much.

The group exhibition, I wanted to be playful. At home, I had nice fabric, materials and a new sewing machine. (I bought it for my husband as a christmas gift!) So, it was not too difficult to start  making these little monkeys even though I hate to sew.

I call them as "Human Monkeys" because I like to put soul into them. Each one has own personality. Then I like to make some story or drama.... like some of them complained that they wanted to be the rich or poor so that they can get more attention.  

Anyway, I hope you come and see them and enjoy!


 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home