kojibeya

Friday, September 19, 2008

Metamorphosis Art Fair



This is my 3rd time to join the Metamorphosis! I was very happy to be there to meet and talk with art lovers. Their comment is the huge encouragement and motivation behind my work. I can create my works myself but need to hear general opinions some point. This show is the great opportunity... I can meet not only artists and my friends but also people whom I don't know. Through my works, customers and I talk and share some ideas. Plus, some people ask me questions, which I never think about!

This was my last time to attend the show since I decided to go back to my country.... Changing my visa status was hard for me. I did find jobs but there was no way to proceed my visa. I studied very hard to get my degree and found jobs, and just started my career... If someone can support my visa, I could stay and work. There are jobs in front of me but I just can't work because of my visa... I felt so unfair. But when I was creating my works, I realized that I could do anywhere. It is not that bad if I can't stay here in the US. If I have a strong will, I could be an Artist. Someone told me that my work is cheerful; make people happy. Now my art is the one who cheers me up!

2 Comments:

  • At 4:44 PM, Blogger puffycakes said…

    Hello! I found about your work at the artomatic show and have recently checked back to see if you had produced any more works. Your new works look wonderful! I love all your color combinations and the expressive gestures of your paintings. I am also an artist who has yet to participate in any shows and your work inspires me to keep working and finding more discoveries within my paintings. Good luck with your career in your country. Hopefully you will keep posting so we can get updated with your beautiful works. Thanks!!

    -Christine, Maryland

     
  • At 7:24 AM, Blogger 小島舞/Mai Kojima said…

    Thank you for the comment, Christine!
    I am very happy to hear that my work inspired you!
    Keep creating art works!!

    Mai

     

Post a Comment

<< Home