kojibeya

Sunday, June 10, 2007


Recently I've kept away from a lot of colors for my paintings. The reason? My painting became muddy when I used many colors, and I became to like to use particular colors on my canvas. In the beginning, I was doing the same process, same colors and same movement. However, after a few stages, I followed my feeling and put vivid colors. I did not remember what I was doing. One day, I went to my studio and just painted from inner myself. A couple hours later, I realized that my painting became colorful but also had energy. This one needed to be expanded. So, I tried not to destroy this energy. At that time, I thought I was keeping this energy but when I checked the painting from a distance, I realized that my painting lost the energy and became small.... Even though the painting was almost done, I flipped up side down, and kept painting.
My professor kept saying that you should not feel comfortable when you paint. You need to face or create problems, and solve it. I did not understand this meaning for a long time but now I understand what he said. This painting gave me a lot of problems but I faced it and thought about. For a few weeks, I did not touch this painting but finally I finished it. It was a long process but I learned a lot.

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home